Why take this course?
After completing this course, you will be able to
- Create and delete VSAM data sets, using Access Method Services (AMS)
- Load VSAM data sets, using AMS REPRO
- Use the AMS PRINT command to list all or parts of a VSAM data set
- Use the AMS LISTCAT command to list all or part of a VSAM catalog
- Create and use VSAM alternate indexes and paths
- Estimate the space required to hold a VSAM data set
- Maintain data sets using the AMS commands REPRO, EXPORT, IMPORT, VERIFY, ALTER, and EXAMINE
- Create and use Reusable data sets
- Know where and what parameters provide tuning of VSAM performance
- Use advanced SMS features such as Extended Format KSDS and Record Level Sharing (RLS) ...
- $ 1,397.00 (CAD) : Multi-seat - $ 897.00 (CAD)
Students who complete this course will be able to define, load, print, and delete VSAM data sets using AccessMethod Services, and to estimate
space requirements for VSAM data sets.
Programmers and data administrators who need to work with VSAM data sets from an AMS (Access Method Services) perspective, independent of any programming language.
The student should be able to code JCL to run simple batch jobs.
Major topics covered
- VSAM concepts and terms
- ESDS, KSDS, RRDS, LSDS
- Access Method Services Commands
- Alternate indexes
- Data set space estimates
- Backup / recovery considerations
- SMS impacts
- Introduction to performance issues