Why take this course?
After completing this course, you will be able to
- Develop and use DB2 Dynamic SQL in application programs to modify DB2 tables
- Use parameter markers to allow flexible reuse of prepared dynamic SQL statements
- Utilize fixed list SELECTs to retrieve data from DB2 tables
- Understand and use SQLDAs to implement variable list SELECTs
- Understand how SQLDAs can be used to implement dynamically specified parameter markers
- Use Dynamic SQL in the REXX programming language
- $ 697.00 (CAD) : Multi-seat - $ 497.00 (CAD)
The student will learn how to carry out Dynamic SQL statements in DB2.
Application developers who need to write programs that utilize Dynamic SQL.
The student should have experience with basic SQL, as well as experience in doing DB2 application development.
Major topics covered?
- EXECUTE IMMEDIATE
- Parameter Markers
- Fixed-list SELECT statements
- BIND options that affect Dynamic SQL
- Special Registers that affect Dynamic SQL
- Variable-list SELECT statements
- Dynamic memory management
- SQLDAs for parameter markers
- Resource Limit Facility
- Debugging Dynamic SQL programs
- Dynamic SQL in REXX